Come work for a Socially Conscious Company delivering the future in Food and Beverage.
We are looking for a dynamic personality to join our supercharged Brand team as a Brand Manager (14M contract). This role will report to the Director of Marketing, Earth’s Own and will be responsible for the development of marketing plans, advertising and promotional programs, pricing and sales forecasts to support the achievement of company growth targets. This person will have a big hand in both developing + executing the brand strategy to drive + accelerate growth.
A Bit About You:
- You believe that plant-based is more than just a way of eating but a total lifestyle shift
- You are passionate about changing the world through a plant-based movement and the impact that can have on the world (but being vegan isn’t necessary)
- You want to spend your days working with cool people who love what they do
- You want to have impact and are proactive in finding opportunities to make a difference
- You thrive in a fast paced environment + aren’t afraid to get your hands a bit dirty
- You have a passion for growth and a proactive approach to personal development
- You are a people person that enjoys collaborative team sessions and isn’t scared off by discussions with senior leadership
- You pay attention to the details and are a great problem solver when fires are burning
- Develops and executes strategic marketing plans to facilitate volume and profit growth to meet company objectives. Includes ongoing brand reviews/analyses, monitoring P&L, promotional plans, media/ad plans, competitive analyses, and accurate forecasting for Brands and products.
- Develop consumer insights through trend gathering and competitive monitoring
- Uses research and available data to identify business issues and growth opportunities and track the performance of the market, our brands and the competition.
- Budget management.
- Provides input and guidance on pricing and margins.
- Recommends and manages research with our various agency partners
- Plans and develops advertising and promotion activities.
- Leads development and production of marketing materials.
- Identifies opportunities for product improvements and line extensions and manages their implementation.
- Evaluates market reactions and results to advertising programs, merchandising activities, product packaging and formulation.
- Works closely with Sales to ensure trade/consumer marketing programs meet brand and sales objectives. Attends and presents at Sales calls and conferences as requested
- Education: Degree or Diploma in Business, preferably Marketing.
- Experience: At least 5 years’ experience in Marketing, preferably with 2 years at a Manager’s level
- Proven ability to develop effective marketing programs, translating marketing objectives into functional plans that achieve targets.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Nielsen Homescan, MarketTrack and related market analysis tools.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of cross-functional teams.
- Proactive and willing to take initiative when appropriate.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Highly organized and able to multitask.
- Excellent ability to build relationships.
- Excellent computer skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good attention to detail.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Market analysis: 2 years (Preferred)
- launching product: 2 years (Preferred)
- Marketing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Band Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- CPG: 1 year (Preferred)
- Nielsen data: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- Metro Vancouver Regional District, BC (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)