Director of Brand
ROLE: Director of Brand
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Marketing
LOCATION: Burnaby, BC
We are looking for a Director of Brand to fuel the ambitious growth on the Earth’s Own brand. Our Director of Brand is responsible for providing strategic leadership to grow the brand’s national presence.
This is a very exciting time for the Marketing team as we grow and expand! The main challenge is to continue to drive strong brand growth through strategic positioning, storytelling, innovation, and mission. This allows you to leave a permanent footprint on the brand.
Here is who you are…
Drive & Motivation
- You believe that plant-based is more than just a way of eating but a total lifestyle shift
- You are passionate about changing the world through a plant-based movement and the impact that can have on the world (but being vegan isn’t required)
- You want to have impact, add strategic value and be proactive in finding opportunities to make a difference
- You want to have impact and are proactive in finding opportunities to make a difference
- You have a passion for growth and a proactive approach to personal development
Character & Abilities
- You have the ability to work in a high rate of productivity in a fast-paced environment
- You have a proven ability to contribute as part of a team
- You have a proven ability to develop effective marketing programs, translating marketing objectives into functional plans that achieve targets.
- You are a people person that enjoys collaborative team sessions and isn’t scared off by discussions with senior leadership
Knowledge & Skills
- You have excellent analytical and project management skills, with ability to lead cross functional teams
- You have strong communication skills, both written and oral
- You are highly organized and able to multitask
- You possess the ability to identify and map out white space opportunities
- You have excellent troubleshooting skills
- You have at least ten years marketing experience at a senior level in the consumer food industry, retail or food services
- You have successfully managed a team of highly engaged overachievers.
- You have a Degree or Diploma in Business, preferably marketing
Things You Will Do…
- Create, build and develop strategic marketing plans that drive strong brand growth + support the brand mission
- Identify white space + manage the development of new products to best deliver against key consumer insights
- Manage programs to facilitate the volume and profit growth in support of annual business objectives. This includes marketing campaigns and events
- Build, manage and coach a high-performing marketing team
Detailed Description of Duties:
- Identify and plan differentiated and impactful marketing strategies/creative in conjunction with the Earth’s Own Digital Marketing team
- Direct and support market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data for short- and long-term market forecasts and reports
- Work closely with the sales department to align sales and marketing strategies
- Identify competitors and evaluate their strategies and positioning and devise counter-strategies
- Develops and manages budgets for Earth’s Own brand
- Delivers topline sales and profit goals
- Conducts competitive analyses and makes recommendations
- Manages relationships with partners and Agencies to ensure a unified Brand image and message throughout advertising, packaging and promotional efforts.
- Uses research information and available data to capitalize the growth opportunities and track the performance of the market, our company, and competition
- Ensures thorough marketing plans are completed in a timely and accurate basis, including: Brand reviews/analyses, budget plans (approving invoices, authorizing spending, entering data, P&L), promotional plans (managing agency relationships), media/ad plans, competitive analyses, and accurate forecasting for Brands and sku’s
- Plans and develops the organization’s advertising and promotional activities through the Earth’s Own internal Digital Marketing team and external suppliers
- Provides guidance on pricing and margins
- Remains current on our industry and general marketing knowledge.
- Evaluates market reactions to advertising programs, product packaging and formulation to ensure the timely adjustment of marketing strategy and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions
To apply, please visit our LinkedIn page!