Earth’s Own Food Company Inc. is a pioneering healthy food and beverage company dedicated to nutritional innovation and sustainability in order to actively improve people’s lives and wellbeing. With a product line-up that includes leading healthy beverage brands Almond Fresh, So Good, So Nice, and Happy Planet; Earth’s Own Food Company is devoted to developing great tasting wholesome products that are good for our consumers, their families, the community and the planet.
The BDM (Natural) reports to the director of sales.
Planning and Strategy:
- Develops and implements annual sales plan for growing sales with assigned retailers.
- Aligns Earths Own strategy to customer priorities with solutions based insights.
- Prepares end to end execution strategies including development, deployment and measurement of company assets against retailer category and store level initiatives,
- Reports regularly on performance against strategy and provides recommendations for course correction.
- Manages a trade spend budget within company guidelines
- Ensure customer plans reflect Earths Own brand building priorities.
- Delivers annual promotional plans to customers in advance of retailer deadlines.
- Ensures retailer accountability for program execution through store visits to observe overall compliance to agreed details and assess competitive tactics.
- Builds consultancy based relationships with key customer contacts through regular value added weekly communication and prompt responses to all customer inquiries.
- Identifies and communicates store level opportunities to both category managers and Earths Own retail coverage provider.
- Develops and executes regional and/or channel specific category development strategies.
- Delivers relevant and value based product knowledge that can benefit retailer selling strategies.
- Launches new products flawlessly in conjunction with stated Earths Own and retailer time frames and guidelines
- Develops budgets and maintains rolling forecasts for Earths Own brands
- Communicates early and often when actual results differ from planned objectives.
- Acts with urgency to develop proactively any plans required to leverage advantage or restore Earths Own business with assigned retailers.
- Makes recommendations for new product introductions based on feedback from customers.
- Leverages expertise against analysis of all insights based data tools for development of both internal recommendations and external customer proposals.
- Listen carefully to customers to better understand needs and optimize ability of Earths Own to respond with meaningful solutions.
- Prepares expense reports and submits on time. Monitors expenses against budget.
- Prepares correspondence and reports on time as required.
- Acts with urgency and decorum in addressing key internal communications and priorities.
- Carries out other related duties as required.
- Education: degree in marketing or sales.
- Experience: Minimum of five years in a CPG sales role, ideally in food/beverage category with at least three years key account role.
- Proficient in navigating/analysis of market/retailer data platforms (Top Shelf; IRI, Retail Link, Aztec, AC Neilsen)
- Experience transforming customer or category data into effective program, quarterly and annual plans.
- Experience working with a brokerage network.
- Demonstrated customer leadership skills.
- Proven ability to simultaneously grow top line sales and maintain spend levels.
- Demonstrated understanding of importance of building relationships internally with individuals and applicable stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated understanding of actions required to build excellent customer relations.
- Demonstrated ability to organize workflow that reflects organizational priorities.
- Strong time management skills, good organization and ability to handle administrative requirements.
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering presentations in front of both internal and external audiences.
- Strong computer skills, especially MS Office.
- Demonstrated understanding of key retailer category management principles.
- Some experience coaching/mentoring new/junior team members.
- Flexibility to travel.
Job Type: Full-time
- Top Shelf/IRI/Retail Link/Aztec/AC Neilsen (and/or): 4 years (Preferred)
- CPG Sales role: 5 years (Preferred)
- key account: 3 years (Preferred)
- Food/Beverage category: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)