Come work for a Socially Conscious Company delivering the future in Food and Beverage.
Earth’s Own Food Company Inc. is a pioneering healthy food and beverage company dedicated to nutritional innovation and sustainability in order to actively improve people’s lives and wellbeing. With a product line-up that includes leading healthy beverage brands Almond Fresh, So Good, So Nice, and Happy Planet; Earth’s Own Food Company is devoted to developing great tasting wholesome products that are good for our consumers, their families, the community and the planet.
- Manages the sales functions to ensure the department effectively performs and contributes to the company’s overall success and vision.
- Prepares a strategic plan for Western Canadian sales annually and drives the plan to achieve revenue and cost targets.
- Employee Development:
- Recruits top quality employees that understand and support the company’s vision and strategy.
- Trains employees in their job functions.
- Assists employees in creating their personal development plans.
- Reviews and monitors the performance of employees and provides guidance to ensure they meet their job responsibilities and objectives.
- Prioritizes and schedules work for department employees.
- Prepares annual budget and forecast in conjunction with other members of the management team, monitors performance against the budget throughout the year, and makes adjustments in departmental activities as required.
- Develops policies and procedures, as well as best practices for the department.
- Cultivates and maintains a key account prospect list.
- Develops relationships with key accounts, monitors their needs and makes recommendations for improved sales.
- Meets regularly with the other departments to forward information from the customers, and to address any challenges that affect customers from other departments.
- Develops sales reporting tools for internal use (for analysis) and external use (in retail presentations): AC Nielsens, Spins data, internal sales figures and customer data.
- Develops and maintains network of contacts within the food and beverage industry across North America, represents the company at the government and industry levels through associations.
- Maintains a good working knowledge of current sales techniques and trends and industry developments by attending conferences and conducting related research.
- Manages all national and major accounts in a supporting role and key rep role as required.
- Nurtures existing and cultivates new sales channels including growing new alliances for continuous business development.
- Resolves customer service issues escalated from the Sales team.
- Recommends new product introductions.
- Carries out other related duties as required.
- Education: degree or diploma in marketing or sales.
- Experience: at least 10 years in a sales position in the food or beverages industry with sales in Canada and the US, plus at least 3 years in senior management/director role.
- Excellent knowledge of the food industry in Canada and the US, in particular, health and non-dairy sectors and/or Perishable businesses
- Proven supervisory experience and ability to grow sales people.
- Ability to effectively contribute to strategic direction as a member of a senior management team.
- Experience working with a brokerage network.
- Proven ability to grow revenues in the territory.
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills.
- Experience with food and beverage, preferably the health segment.
- Excellent customer relations skills with willingness to do what it takes.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent sales and marketing skills with proven follow through.
- Strong computer skills, especially MS Office.
- Category Management knowledge.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 10 years (Preferred)
- managing sales team: 6 years (Preferred)
- Consumer Packaging Goods: 4 years (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)