- Serves 2 people
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 heaping cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mango
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2-3 dates, pitts removed
- ½ cup hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Earth’s Own Almond
- In a high powered blender, combine spinach, mango, avocado, lemon, hemp hearts, and chia seeds. Add in 1/4 cup Earth’s Own Almond and blend until very smooth, adding more Earth’s Own Almond as needed.
- Pour smoothie into a standard sized ice cube tray (about 2 tbsp or 1 oz per well). Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Add smoothie cubes to a freezer bag or freezer safe airtight container. Keep frozen up to 3 months.
- TO USE: The night before, add 6 smoothie cubes into a sealable jar or bottle and top with Earth’s Own Almond. Seal with lid and leave in fridge overnight. Shake vigorously to combine melted smoothie cubes with Earth’s Own Almond and enjoy!
When adding lemon juice also add the zest for more flavour.
3 Make Ahead Smoothie Hacks
- BLEND AHEAD: Make smoothie ahead of time with 2 tsp lemon or lime juice to help avoid oxidizing. Keep cold in a thermos or refrigerated for up to 4 hours before enjoying.
- SMOOTHIE CUBES: Make concentrated smoothie cubes of your favourite smoothie with less liquid, blend until smooth, freeze in ice cube trays. Add 6 cubes to a mason jar topped with Earth’s Own, seal and refrigerate overnight. Shake to combine in morning and enjoy.
- MIX AND MATCH: Blend individual ingredients together (1 batch greens, 1 batch berries, 1 batch nut butters with nut milk, ect) and freeze in ice cube tray.. Mix and match cubes to create different smoothies. Add 6 cubes to a mason jar topped with Earth’s Own, seal and refrigerate overnight. Shake to combine in morning and enjoy.