- Serves 5 people
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- 2 yellow or sweet onions, sliced
- ¼-1/2 cup Earth's Own Cooking Cream
- Tomato pasta sauce (I used roasted garlic from Neal Brother's)
- 400-500g whole grain pasta of choice
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 2 zucchinis, chopped
- 8-10 mushrooms (cremini/white), chopped
- 1-2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3-4 vegan sausages of choice (we used Field Roast Italian) OR pre-cooked green lentils
- 1-2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- Turn BBQ (or oven) to 400F
- Caramelize onions. Do this without oil, just heat the pan to medium, add sliced onions and let the pan brown. Add ⅛ cup of water to deglaze the pan. Turn the heat down to simmer, and put the lid on. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, a bowl, mix together the veggies with balsamic. Add the veggies to a BBQ roasting dish (OR, bake them in the oven). BBQ for 30 minutes, mixing around halfway.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to directions.
- If cooking sausages: add the sausages to the BBQ and grill according to the directions (about 4 minutes per side).
- Add the Earth’s Own Culinary Edition cooking cream and tomato sauce to the caramelized onions, and let simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Strain pasta, then pour it back into the pasta pot.
- Add the pre-cooked lentils or sausages (chopped), plus the BBQ’d veggies and creamy red sauce to the pot. Stir until it’s all slathered and delicious looking.
- Serve it up with a sprinkle of vegan parm, fresh basil + a side salad!
@hookedonplants (recipes + vegan tips)
@8020plants (plant-based coaching app)