- Serves 2 people
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 80 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup cooked white beans
- 1/3 cup soaked cashews (or cashew cheese)
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup Earth’s Own unsweetened oat milk
- (optional: fresh herbs like parsley, oregano or basil, chopped)
- 2 eggplants chopped lengthwise
- Olive oil
- 1 jar of your favourite tomato sauce
- (Optional: vegan Parmesan)
Brush both sides of the eggplant with a generous amount of olive oil, salt and pepper.
Bake in a 375*C oven for 40 minutes or until soft and slightly golden.
White beans ricotta
While the eggplants are baking, mix all of the ingredients, except the herbs, into a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning. Fold in the herbs and reserve.
Place the white beans ricotta into the roasted eggplants and roll. Place your favourite tomato sauce in the bottom of a baking dish, add the eggplant rolls and sprinkle with vegan Parmesan.
Bake for another 20 minutes. Enjoy on its own, with pasta, couscous or quinoa.