This totally plant-based peanut butter chocolate ice cream is our one and cone-ly summer treat that will keep you cool all season long.
With a creamy n’ rich base of Oat Original and a decadent sprinkling of plant-based peanut butter cups, this is a vegan treat that will have you coming back for a second (or third) scoop!
Looking for a lower cal version that still delivers on taste? Try swapping out Oat Original for Oat Zero Sugar.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Total time: 4 hours 45 minutes
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup Earth’s Own Oat Original
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 plant-based peanut butter cups
- Pour in the Earth’s Own Oat Original, coconut milk, and cashews into a soup pot and bring to a boil on high heat. Once at a boil, bring the temperature down to medium and continue simmering for 15 mins.
- Place your mixture into a blender (pro tip: if your blender is glass let the mixture cool before blending!) add in maple syrup, vanilla extract, peanut butter, and salt. Blend until smooth n’ creamy – roughly 45 seconds.
- Place your ice cream mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- If you choose the 4 hour freeze, place your cubes into a blender and blend until thick ice cream forms. If you froze overnight, let your ice cream cubes sit in the blender for 10 min for easier blending!
- Roughly chop 5 of your plant-based peanut butter cups and toss them into the blender, softly blend to incorporate.
- Place your ice cream into a loaf pan and sprinkle a handful of plant-based peanut butter cups on top. Now place your pan back in the freezer for 30 mins to re-thicken before serving and enjoy!