Doughnut worry, we’ve got a delish as-heck fall dessert that is so a-glaze-ing, it will totally become the apple of your eye! Ok.. enough with the bad puns, who else is in the mood for some apple cider doughnuts?
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
- 1 cup apple cider, reduce down to 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup melted Earth’s Own Dairy Free Butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsps Earth’s Own Almond Unsweetened Original
- 1 cup plant-based powdered sugar
- Start by placing your 1 cup of apple cider in a pot on high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and simmer down until ½ cup of apple cider is left. About 15-20 mins.
- Once the cider is reduced let it cool down until it is no longer hot.
- Once cooled, set your oven to 350°F and get to work on your batter! Start by mixing all of your ingredients together minus the flour until well combined. Then start to incorporate your flour a little at a time until you end up with a thick consistency. Don’t worry, that’s what we want!
- Grease your doughnut pan and fill each doughnut hole with your batter and place in the oven for 15 mins. Once the doughnuts are done, let them cool to room temperature before glazing.
- Now it’s time for the glaze! Mix all the ingredients in a bowl big enough to dip and get to glazin’.