Trust us, you need to chai these cookies.
Chewy, chai-y and oh-so buttery.
What makes these chai cookies so plant-based dreamy? With a warming and buttery batter (thanks to our Dairy Free Butter) and smooth n’ rich cream cheese frosting (made with our Dairy Free Cream Cheese) – you can enjoy all the spices of the season, just with a plant-licious twist.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup Earth’s Own Dairy Free Butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Pinch of salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Earth’s Own Dairy Free Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Earth’s Own Dairy Free Butter
- Gold flakes (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, add in your Earth’s Own Butter and light brown sugar. Using a hand mixer on medium speed, mix until light n’ fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, chai spices and salt – set aside.
- Add in a cup of the dry mixture to your wet at a time until fully incorporated.
- Scoop the batter onto a cookie sheet and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- In another large bowl, mix together your Earth’s Own Butter, Earth’s Own Cream Cheese and powdered sugar with a hand mixer. Add your frosting to a piping bag and set aside.
- Once the cookies are done, let them cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Pipe your cream cheese frosting and add a sprinkle of gold flakes!